Saturday, October 27, 2007

I'm in Australia!!!!

Hey Everyone! I was so psyched to finally get here - can't tell you how nice it was to get off that plane (could have been worse though, I was able to flirt a little and get a window seat [she had to call it in as a favour] - I don't know why but older African American women find me cute for some reason;0)...

Melbourne is a beautiful city - lots of things to see and do as you walk around... unfortunately the first day it 'pissed down rain' (forgive my Aussie) but it's gotten much better. The waterfront down by the river is great and it's really a well desgined city, lots of very funky architecture.

I ran into my first bit of wildlife on the street...
The next day I walked around the northern part of town and ended up @ the Royal Melbourne Zoo to get an idea of what kind of animals to keep my eyes open for.... what a great zoo!
Then I wandered down to St. Kilda and ended up walking down to the beach looking for penguins, didn't see any but had fun wading around in the water... it's not exactly warm but it'll do. It was a great day. Had my first bit of seafood for lunch...


Of course I've been getting out at night as well - the clubs here are fantastic, we need to bring these DJ's over to Boston (not to mention the clubs themselves, better than anything we have...) - been having lots of fun. Almost too much I guess, I woke up this morning all relaxed and ready to head to the airport only to be told that it was daylight savings time and I was an hour behind! Woops :0)
I made it though - am waiting at the airport for my flight down to Tasmania, can't wait to see the mountains!
By the way - if you want to see where I am (if I've gotten to an internet cafe to update it) click on the link under the map ;0)

1 comment:

Traveller said...

Yoohoo Bri - looks like youre having a great time. Was expecting a greater *diversity* of photography - perhaps some local *culture* would be of interest. Keep travlin' and enjoy... D.