Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Sydney

Melbourne & environs were great - but was very excited to move on to Sydney... and rightly so - what a beautiful city. Got out the first night for some drinks with the local crowd - which (of course) turned into a much later night than I expected - the fact that it was a Tuesday night is a great indication of how fun it's going to be here ;0)

I walked around the next day and walked across the Harbor Bridge to get some shots of the Opera House.... I'll wait for a sunnier day and do pics from the more scenic side... it really is neat to see such an iconic piece of work:



If you hunt around this pic you'll see what passes for pigeons in Sydney - they're fun to watch & beautiful but really make a racket.




On the way back I stopped off at a 150+ year old observatory - they had to completely re-map the sky for the ships to navigate once they got down under... it was quite a job... took them 50+ years...



I'm hoping for more sun tomorrow....

2 comments:

srspacemonkey said...

It looks like you are having a great time over there. Be careful of the scary bugs!

Thanks for posting this stuff. It's like my window to the outside world while I'm locked up in my office typing away.

Bella said...

Beautiful! I love your pictures. I am glad you are having such a gret time ans seeing so many cool animals. Kualas are adorable, are you bringing one home for me ?:o)