Saturday, December 8, 2007

Sydney - Full Circle

Well mates that's it...

It's hard to believe I've been here for over 6 weeks - on one hand it really doesn't feel all that long at all (there's so much more I could see), but then I start thinking about all the things I've done and seen and experienced and I'm pretty amazed at how MUCH there is to remember - WOW!

I had one final meat pie (I really like these - there's must be someplace in Boston that makes them ;0) on Oxford (it's funny how much of this trip I remember by the food I ate - I mean that's nothing new for me I guess - but it's really been fun here - so much good seafood and new stuff like kangaroo and emu, then of course there was Thailand.... mmmm....)



Then I headed down to the harbour for one more look @ one of the most photogenic spots on Earth. I laid down on some rocks at the very tip of the pennisula and let the waves on the rocks get me into a nice mellow place while I watched the myriad of boats that come with the harbour do their thing...



Luckily some very loud Japanese tourists came along and woke me out of my trance just in time to get myself moving... I had a date @ 7:30 (how funny is that! It was newly opened stage version of Billy Elliot - it was amazing, the lead was a 12-14 year old kid, and let me tell you he could dance!

Then a nice mellow night (watching dvd's of Will & Grace of all things ;0) It felt really nice to just be in someone's home, chilling out watching tv and being 'normal'... maybe coming home isn't all that bad... besides Christmas is right around the corner (there are Christmas trees up everywhere here to remind me) and I've got great freinds and a loving family to come back to.... doesn't get much better than that!



Besides, I'll always have great memories (not to mention LOTS of great pictures)... this is a part of the world I'm going to have to see again someday... would be nice to have someone along with me next time... any takers ;0)
G'day & Cheers!!!

4 comments:

srspacemonkey said...

see you soon, brian!

Bella said...

See you soon! I hope you still have those swim shorts :o)

BriGuy said...

I'll wear them just for you ;0)

Anda Aquino said...

VAHVEE!! Good call on escaping to Australia while it's blasting snow in Boston!