Thursday, November 22, 2007

Perth

I got into Perth from Yulara with just enough time (5 hours) to grab a shuttle to the city and check it out.. It was great.. the people there are very freindly and it's a big, modern clean place.. I liked it the best next to Syndey I think... a welcome change from Alice and Adelaide ( a little too rough for my tastes...)

I took a walk around town... there was a cool statue of roos with a bigger statue containing all of the important metal ores in the area (the mining of which had really built the city)



Then I walked up a hill and got a great view of the city... it was a hard walk so I had to take in a bit of beer (or bitter as they call it here... yuck.. i have found least bitter one I can ;0)



It was a nice sunny day, I ended it with another beer (yes I've been drinking a few of those here) at the Brass Monkey and then got out to the airport to head up to Phuket!!!

3 comments:

Bella said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Lynda says "hi".

Bella said...

P.S. We had a shot of tequila in your honor :o)

srspacemonkey said...

can't wait to see hear you stories from Bangkok. Oh, that's right, what happens in bangkok stays in bangkok!

hey, i like your travel map.. i think if you spell Macau with a u it will point to the right place.